Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Is It a Full Moon?

Oh my goodness, can I say chatter boxes?!?!

I don't know if they are talking more than usual and it is driving me crazy or if they are talking the same amount and I just need my patience well refilled. Either way, the last two days have been loooong!

So, since I prefer to be a glass half full kind of person as much as possible, I am going to make myself share three things that went well today.

1. We started our non-fiction writing on whales. This is really a chance for students to show what they have learned studying whales with Mrs.V. while learning about elements in non-fiction writing. So far, I am pleased with what they have retained from her lessons.


2. We started a Valentine's pop art project based on the art of Jim Dine. I have wanted to do this since I first discovered his art and I just know that these projects are going to be AMAZING!!! Want to get it framed and hang it on your living room wall amazing!

The project is based on his pop art hearts.

Four Hearts 1969

heart painting
One of my favourite things about this project is it is impossible to do it wrong. Anything goes! We are using crayons, paint and oil pastels and will end up with something like this:

 Jim Dine inspired hearts from here
3. It was Library day. Which means I had 45 minutes class free to work on setting up the new Deconstruction/Reconstruction centre and re-organize my levelled books. AND...it was quiet for those 45 minutes. Bliss!

Tonight I am going to promise myself I will get a good night's sleep, drink TWO cups of coffee in the morning and take lots of STAR breaths during the day. And, I know, I just know that tomorrow is going to be great!

Ms. Hughes

P.S. Have you been wondering about spelling words this week? Well, I didn't get them handed out so have decided to take the week off! I will give them out on Friday to be reviewed in class on Feb 15.

1 comment: