Saturday, June 23, 2012

I blogged a bit about our final Healthy Living project a couple of weeks ago. Pretty much all of the students finished it. One or two are still in process and (fingers crossed) will finish before school ends next Thursday!

I was so impressed with some of the character traits and skills that students recognized within themselves. And, equally, saddened by the students who struggled to think of something to write down about themselves. Having a child get to the end of the year in my class and still not recognize all the talents I have seen and encouraged all year makes me feel like I have failed them. I know that I have done my very best but, still, it hurts me to know that children at the age of 7 and 8 don't think that they are the bees knees.

It makes me wonder if some people are genetically predisposed to not see their positive attributes or if it is all a learned behaviour. After all, I know many adults who have trouble coming up with a list of things they like about themselves and they have had many more years to gain skills and insight into their personalities. I don't suppose I will ever know the answer to that question though, huh?

In any case, I wanted to show off all the completed projects. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a wonderful year Ms. Hughes!!! Sophie has grown so much and the DVD at the end was so sweet! She really loved the end where it said, you loved them more than turtles....very sweet! Have a relaxing summer.

    ReplyDelete