Monday, November 5, 2012

Today was a long, long, long, long, long day.

A.

Very.

Long.

Day.

A day that felt like it would never, ever, ever end.

After two days with a guest teacher last week, the kids were a bit on the wild side. (I am being generous here - they were actually a lot on the wild side!)

After four days of sleeping, watching bad television, sleeping some more, taking way too many cold medications and hanging out on pinterest (during my lucid moments), I was tired, cranky, very impatient and wondering why on earth I decided to come back to work.

At about 9:10 bed looked better than ever.

I'd like to say that the day got better.

That everything smoothed out and we got lots accomplished.

That I turned it all around and ended up teaching the best lesson of my career.

Like I said, I would like to be able to say that.

Unfortunately... I can't.

It was an uphill climb all day long.

A very steep uphill climb.

Water spills.

Yogurt puddles.

A hair cutting experiment gone awry.

Lost pencils.

Incomplete work.

Lots and lots of talking. Did I mention the talking?

Like Alexander, in the great book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst,

I spent most of the day wishing I could tell everyone that I was moving to Australia!!!!

Thankfully, I realize that some days are just like that.

Even in Australia.


No comments:

Post a Comment