Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spring has sprung...

I enjoyed a lovely walk home the other day. The sun was shining, my music was playing on my iphone and there were so many small moments that captured my attention. This is what I love about walking home. I can saunter along and pay attention to the little things.



And, as always, flowers drew me in. I found myself snapping pictures of many of them. I love the vibrant colours and just wish I was not so darned allergic! Rhododendrons are one of my favourites. That and the big bushes of hydrangeas that are starting to bloom in my neighbourhood. I will admit to knowing very little about flowers in general. I just know what I like. At least I can enjoy the beautiful images they make. Just wish they didn't make me sneeze!!!!!
 
These small daisies made me think about all the years in my
childhood when I would sit in a patch of warm sunlight making daisy chains. Do children still do that? If not, they should. So many of the things children do these days deal with technology or organized sports/events. So few of them are about sitting quietly and enjoying a moment. In one patch of grass there were so many daisies that I could have made daisy chain crowns for the whole class!!!
 
And the flowering trees. Oh my! The flowering trees! There are no words for the varying colours and hues!!!


 
Even the smallest, most innocuous things grab my attention when walking home. These rocks grabbed me because of all the different shades of gray.

And, even bird poop took on new meaning! See the heart below? Yep, you got it. Bird poop!


Don't you think that fairies must live behind this door? It made me think of all the fairy items the kids make at the art table. Some of the students play fairies every day at recess and lunch. I love how open to other worlds young children are! It does a grown up heart good.


I am hoping for good weather a couple of days (at least!) this coming week. I wonder what other wonders and treasures I will find?

Ms. Hughes


 

No comments:

Post a Comment