Monday, August 12, 2013

Come Blog Hoppin' with me!!!!

 
 
 
 
 


It's Teacher Week '13 and I am joining up with the linky party at Blog Hoppin' and am going to try (really try!) to participate every day this week!

I am determined to do a better job this school year with my blogging.
Fingers crossed!

Today's topic is to share 10 things about me (I am guessing that they should be 10 NEW things but I'm not sure...)

So...here goes....

1. I am starting my 20th year of teaching (Crikey!)
3 of those were as an Educator On Call, also known as an EOC, (previously known as a substitute teacher before my district decided to go all acronymie on us!) Seven years were in Kindergarten, one in grade 2, and the last eight mostly in grade 1 with a year of K/1 and another of 1/2. This coming year I will most likely be teaching a straight grade 1 or a combination 1/2. Time will tell!

2. I get grumpy if I don't exercise. It has taken me many years to figure this out but I have finally accepted it. The problem being that I don't always want to exercise even though I know I'll feel so much better after!!!!

3. I have been with my husband for 20 years - married for 17. We have a 17 year old daughter. And, yes, I was pregnant when we got married! What most people don't realize is that we planned the pregnancy but hadn't planned to get married. Glad we did though!

4. I don't eat wheat or many sweets. I do have a sweet tooth though. My favourite are salted caramels. Yummmmm....

5. My family has moved A LOT. I lived in the same house growing up (my mother has now lived there for 47 years!!!) but, since moving out at the age of 23, I have lived in 14 places. All in the same city!!!! I know it sounds cray-zee (and it kind of is) but we are done moving (honestly, I mean it!) I've even started decorating which I've never really done before.

6. I say "Okiedokie Fenokies" a lot in class. It is a play on the name of the Okefenokee Swamp, which is a swamp in Southern Georgia near to where my dad grew up. Once, when I was pretty young, my Grandaddy took us out on the swamp with the gators and, let's just say that it left an impression!

7. I read. A LOT! A novel every couple of days kind of reading. But...I rarely read the "Oprah" book club kind of novels. When I read I want to relax and not think too much! I just go to the library and browse the shelves, pulling what looks interesting and give it a read!

8. I don't like to cook but I do all the cooking in our house. I would give over the rights to my hubby but he tends to make weird concoctions sans recipes like Blueberry Chicken. Trust me...it wasn't pretty! Sigh...

9. I am a total homebody. Give me a cup of  tea, a cozy bed and a good book and I am happy as can be!

10. I have different play lists for all different situations. The workout - kick me in the ass - playlist, the walking - taking it slow and easy - playlist, the faith - for when I am feeling in need of spiritual healing - playlist, you name it...and I probably have a playlist for it. Or could easily make one!

So...there you go! Not sure how fun those facts are but that's what I came up with. Now, go join the linky party!

Ms. Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment