Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Currently...July

Crazy as it seems, it really is July. And, we all know what the start of a new month means....

It's time to link up with Farley!!!!



listening...silence is not something I get very often at my house. Or in my job for that matter. It seems I am always surrounded by noise. Both my hubby and my daughter love noise - talking, the tv, the radio, iPods, iPads, computers, you name it and it is making noise! I, on the other hand, relish the silence. Especially after a busy and noise filled day at school. So, now I am enjoying being in the office with no music on. Just the slight white noise of the tv playing upstairs!!!

loving...there is something so wonderful about not using an alarm, isn't there? I am just listening to my body and getting up (and taking naps!) whenever it tells me to!

thinking...today is Canada Day. It is after 12:00 pm and I am still in my pj's. There are lots of events happening and I am thinking about going to one. Haven't made any definite plans though. While I love my country, I do not love crowds and am not sure I am up to one today. Maybe for the fireworks tonight? Hmmm...We'll see...

wanting...I am the only person in my family who likes things organized. I am the one who has a drawer for shirts, one for shorts, one for pants etc. While my hubby and daughter literally throw their clothes in their dressers willy nilly! It would drive me crazy!!!! When I am working, the house organization kind of falls apart. I have pretty much given up on organizing either of them but I do want to spend some time this summer organizing the parts of the house I spend the most time in: the kitchen, office/sewing room, my studio, the bedroom and the bathroom. I think I'm going to have to pull out my trusty Flylady book and get busy!

needing....to start back to yoga...and the gym....and swimming...and generally taking care of myself. I have been saying this for a few months now. I'm not entirely sure what happened this year but I have definitely not been making my health a priority. That is going to change this summer. No excuses!!!!

all-star....I have been sewing for 33 years. Yikes! I have recently gotten back into it and have been doing lots of upcycling of men's dress shirts. I cut them up, put them back together by mixing different shirts into one and come up with a one of a kind piece of clothing. I am enjoying doing this. I really don't know that my sewing would fall into the all-star category but there you go....

Okay...so why are you still here? Head on over to Farley's and check out what other people are up to Currently...

Cheers!

Olwyn


4 comments:

  1. Amen to not setting the clock!! When we write poetry in my first grade class & talk about writing to an object, I ALWAYS write a poem to my alarm clock. The kiddos love it!
    Oh man, I am should have said All Star at crafting. My favorite hobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you. I love yoga! I try to do it everyday but truthfully, It's more like every 3 days. I'm going to make an honest effort to get better at this. Project Yoga is in effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Canada Day from a fellow Canadian! I am in awe of anyone who can sew. It is not a talent of mine but I see lots that I would like to make. I once sewed a skirt that I was excited about making. When it was done I learned to read the recommendations for fabric. I didn't use stretchy fabric so the waste was the size of a doll and could not stretch. Whoops!
    Cheers,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I also live in a house where I am the only one who values organization. Summer is the perfect time to take back the house! Good luck to you!!!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete