Saturday, May 19, 2012

STOP for a TED talk

If you have 21 or so minutes to spend (or, for that matter, even if you don't) stop and watch a TED talk. Any TED talk will do. You will learn something. I promise. 

Here are a few of my favourites. This one by Sir Ken Robinson. I was fortunate enough to get to hear him in person last year. He is charming, personable and speaks with conviction about his beliefs on creativity and education. His words resonate with me.


This one by Simon Sinek about leadership.


And this talk featuring Sugata Mitra about his Hole in the Wall project on self teaching.


And the amazing Sarah Kay, spoken word poet extraordinaire. Who says "I use poetry to help me work through what I don’t understand, but I show up to each new poem with a backpack full of everywhere else that I’ve been.”


And one of my all time favourites (and only 3 minutes long so you have no real excuse not to watch it!) by Talor Mali called What Teachers Make.




1 comment:

  1. Sir Ken is one of my educational heroes - you are lucky to have seen him

    sandi
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete