Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Partner Reading


This week we started Partner Reading in Daily 5 (finally!) We went over why we Partner Read (to practice fluency, check comprehension, learn from each other etc...) and how to do it (sit EEKK, read the whole time, each student read book at their just right level etc...)

I hate to say that I was expecting it to not go very smoothly.

I mean, first week back from Spring Break? First week back with their classroom teacher vs. student teacher?

Not the best odds for a whiz bang showing.

But, they surprised me!!!! It went like clockwork.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

They were all beyond excited to get to read with a partner and I hardly had to do any re-teaching at all. Yay!



Check out how the boys above are reading.

Sitting EEKK (elbow to elbow and knee to knee).

Focusing on the other student while s/he is reading.

Book boxes on outside of their bodies.

Practicing "Do you want help or a hint?"

They were so into it. They were practicing "I Read, You Read" where each student reads one page and then the other reads one page.

It. Was. Awesome.

Go readers!!!!!

Cheers!

Olwyn

1 comment: