Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Currently...August

Yep, it is that time again! Time to link up with Farley over at Oh Boy Fourth Grade. I am a little late to the party this month but I got here!



Listening…Spark is all about how images and words get changed and reattributed across the web with the proliferation of social media sites. It is interesting and touches on copyright, artistic ownership, reality of images… I didn't turn it on to listen particularly to this show. Just turned on CBC1 and that is what was on. You learn something new every day (especially if you listen to shows that normally you would not turn on!)


Loving…I go in about 45 minutes to get my new hearing aids. They are apple brand and bright red. I think it will be super duper cool because my hearing aids are controlled by my phone! I can answer the phone, listen to music and hear better without having to have any wires or headsets beyond the hearing aids themselves. How cool!

Thinking...the engineer is currently working on our community. Hopefully it will all be cleaned and floors waxed before next week. I went on a shopping spree at IKEA and got some new area rugs. I have a new vision for my classroom. Stay posted!

Wanting...I have been feeling really off this past couple of weeks. I am hoping that soon I will get some energy back. My husband called it ennui and I suppose he is right. It is most likely a result of being on holidays for so long. I enjoy the break but don't do well without a routine. 10 weeks is way too long for me. I think I would probably do very well in a year round schooling type situation where I could teach, then have 2-3 weeks off before teaching again. 

Needing...we are taking part in a garage sale this Saturday. I still have to figure out what I am going to sell! I know what I'm doing later today! I plan to be brutal. I'm going to purge like crazy and if it doesn't sell, it is going straight to the Salvation Army. It is NOT coming back in my house!!!!!

B2S RAK...I really don't know what to call it so just called it Office Bucket Filler. Basically, I plan to leave encouragement in the way of notes (and the occasional chocolate!) for teachers and staff in my school. It is something I have done in the past as well. It really is true that giving fills your own bucket. 

Well, there you have it! Another month gone and another month started. Time sure does fly, doesn't it?!?!

Cheers!

Olwyn


1 comment:

  1. Your bucket filling idea is adorable. What a great way to spread positivity throughout your staff. I might have to try that as well.

    ReplyDelete