Friday, May 1, 2015

Board Games Galore!!!!!

Do you like board games?

In my personal life, I am not a board game player. But, at school...now that is a different story.

I teach using games all of the time!

When it comes to board games, I think you either love them or hate them.

My class LOVES them. I mean, they really LOVE them!!!!

I have been going to all of the local church sales lately and stocking up on board games.

So far I have 2 of Battle Ship, 3 Chess sets, 2 cribbage boards, 3 Snakes and Ladders, and many more.

I have been slowly getting students, who know how to play the game, to take on the teacher role and teach their peers how to play.

Yesterday we had our first Board Games time. It was so much fun! Every single student in the room was on task, engaged and learning through play. How can it get better than that?!?!

Here's a bird's eye view!





It was such a great learning time. Lots of learning game strategies, improving listening skills, building relationship skills, I could go on. But my favourite part? There was not a single piece of 21st century technology on anywhere! No screens. Just good old fashioned games and a lot of love for learning going on. It was awesome!

I have decided that this is going to be a weekly event for the rest of the year.

I can hardly wait to hit the next church sale and see what I can find!!!!

Cheers!

Olwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment