Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Liebster Award....WOW!!!!


I have been nominated for an award!!! It is the Liebster Blog Award. This award helps bloggers find new blogs that have less than 200 followers (yep, that would be me!). Christy over at Mrs. Christy's Leaping Loopers AND Nikki over at Love, Laughter and Lesson Plans both nominated me. Thanks!!!!
Okay, so here are the rules:
You must post 11 random things about yourself.
Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
No tag back but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster



So, first things first, here are 11 random things about myself:

1. I seem to have developed an addiction to Oh Henry bars.
2. I am allergic to cats but let my daughter get one 8 months ago anyways. 3. This is my 20th year teaching. 4. I want to live in Australia at some point in my life.
5. I went to 3 elementary schools.
6. I love doing arts and crafts.
7. My apartment looks like a vintage shop. My hubby likes to collect all things old and colourful. Think doll heads and old doors.
8. I hate shopping in malls.
9. I read 4 to 5 novels a week.
10. I have been sewing since I was 12. I still use the same Kenmore sewing machine that I got for Christmas in grade 8.
11. I like coffee in the morning and tea in the evening.


Here are the 11 questions from Christy that I need to answer: 

1. Have you bought ALL of your Christmas gifts?
All but one

2. Do you have a Teacher Pay Teacher Store?
No

3. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Don't really have one. 

4. Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob? Neither. Have never read any of the books or seen the movies. I have left that to my teenager to do!

5. What's your favorite adult or kid book? Loved The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. Can never read Goodnight Moon too many times!  

6. What's your favorite color? Turquoise 

7. What color Christmas lights do you prefer: Multi Color or Clear?
Clear for decorating the house. Coloured on the tree.

8. Sneakers or flip flops?
No question...flip flops

9. Are you afraid of heights? Kinda. Certainly don't like them much. 


10. Did you go shopping on Black Friday? Does going to the Salvation Army thrift shop count? 

11. What food do you hate?
Beets

Here are the questions Nikki over at
Love, Laughter and Lesson Plans asked me to answer:

1. What movie would you identify your life with and why? I don't know the answer to that one. Don't watch enough movies,
I guess!


2. What is your favorite sport? Not much of a sports person. If I had to pick one to watch, it would probably be football. One to play? Running.

3. Are you a dog person or a cat person? Didn't think I was much of either but now own one of both!

4. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
Art. No contest. I love everything creative.

5. If you could move anywhere in the world where would you go?
Melbourne, Australia

6. What is your favorite winter time tradition?
Our family picnic in front of the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. We eat shrimp cocktails, cheese and crackers and have a glass of wine while we open all of our gifts to each other.


7. What is one thing that you wish you had for your classroom right now? A full time aide.

8. Favorite book of all times? I read 3-4 novels a week so this is a hard one to decide.

9. What are some of your hobbies? (outside of school!)
Painting, sewing, making things, reading (a lot!), blogging

10. What do you do for stress relief?
Go to the gym. Read.

11. What is your number one thing you advise new teachers to do for a successful school year? Pick one subject and teach it to 150% of your ability. Do all the others but don't give them as much of your time and attention. The next year, pick another subject to really concentrate on. Do this with each subject for your first few years of teaching. I got this advice when I first started and it made everything less overwhelming. Plus, within a few years, I had a really good grasp on the expectations and how to teach each subject.



And here are the 11 questions that I am asking the blogs I choose to answer:

1) How long have you been teaching?

2) How do you spend your spare time?

3) Iphone or Blackberry?

4) Books or TV?

5) What is your favourite holiday?

6) Have you traveled anywhere?

7) Are you finished all of your holiday shopping?

8) What is your favourite drink at Starbucks (or your local coffee spot)?

9) Do you have any pets?

10) If you were not a teacher, what would you do instead?

11) How long have you been blogging?


And now for the drumroll please....dum dum dum dum....

I wish I knew 11 up and coming blogs but I don't. Seems like everywhere I go everyone has way more followers than me! So here are 5 that I like.

1. Amanda and Stacia at
Collaboration Cuties

2. Jordan at
Team V's First Grade Fun

3. Ashely at
The School Supply Addict

4.
24-7 Teacher

5. Samantha at
Learning with a Happy Heart









No comments:

Post a Comment