Thursday, March 13, 2014

Community Art

Every Thursday morning we do art with the whole community. That means that we have roughly 72 students all working on the same art project at the same time. It can get a little bit crazy!

I love it because 9 times out of 10 I get to come up with and teach the lesson. If you haven't figured out that art and creativity are my favourite things to teach, then I guess you haven't been reading very carefully!

Anywho, last week I wanted to do a project that was simple, small and made a big impact. I found this wonderful project done at a school with an artist in residence and it looked pretty amazing. 

Primary Schools Arts Education Projects | No Added Sugar
from here

I took this amazing installation piece as my inspiration and we did a lesson on symmetry, colour and shape. The final result is a beautiful bulletin board outside of our community. It makes me happy each and every time I walk by.


And the quote is something I think that we could all bear to hear more often...


Happy Flying!

Olwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment