Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cooking in Division 13

Two posts in one day.

It is a miracle!

So, this week the Fruit & Veg program delivered blueberries. Yum! They inevitably send more than a group of grade 1/2's can eat. So...we decided to bake!

Luckily this year we have an awesome support worker who was a pastry chef in her previous life. She has agreed to cook or bake with the class every couple of weeks. I am thrilled!

I am capable in the kitchen but no one would ever say that it is my favourite place to be. (Though I can just bear it if I have the CBC playing As It Happens and a glass of wine to drink while I cook!)

So today, this...
 
turned into this...

 
Tomorrow we will write out the recipe and add our first recipe to our class cookbook. Stay tuned for more great cooking coming your way!

Ms. Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment