Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Welcome Back!!!!...and a Currently

Today was our first day back at school.

Can you say tired? I mean t..i..r..e..d?!?!

I haven't gotten up before 10 in at least a week so waking up at 5:30 was really hard!!!! A lot of caffeine was required. And I do mean A LOT!!!!!

As first days go, it was a good morning. Lots of sleepy faces, lots of wiggling around during the assembly, lots of "I'm not ready for school yet" looks on the faces of everyone (including teachers!). But...no tears! So a success all around!

I had lots and lots of great hugs from last year's students. I loved seeing so many familiar faces this morning. And I am dearly missing the faces of those I sent up to the 2/3 community. Boo hoo!!!

Fingers crossed that this year will be fabuloso!

And....(drum roll please) now for the September Currently.

I am linking up again with Farley over at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for this month's Currently.


Most of the Currently is self explanatory I think.

The "wanting" section is one for which I am praying daily. My daughter has not had the easiest of times in high school but has managed to pull through some really hard, difficult years and come out a wonderful, responsible soon to be adult. She now has goals and is driven to succeed. I would not be lying if I told you that I never imagined this day would arrive! She has her heart set on Social Sciences followed by a law degree. I am beyond proud of her!!!!

The heart section is for choosing some items to do just for myself this  month. The second one (reading an hour a day) will not be too difficult. I pretty much do that anyway but I am determined not to stop reading during September when the month's so crazy busy. I need to read like some people need air. A day just isn't lived properly if I haven't opened a book!

As to the first wish...I have not been as good about keeping to my gym routine in the last week or so. Plus, I got into the habit of going later in the day during the summer. I need to get back into  the 6 a.m. gym times again so that I can have the energy to do my job and live my life!

Ms. Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment