Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cooking it up... #3!!!

Okay, so I have managed to impress even myself these past three weeks. I have made a new recipe from my pinterest board each and every week so far this year! Go me!!!

This week I made a hashbrown casserole. Not something that would normally even be on my radar except that my mother has a lot of frozen hashbrowns in her freezer. The reason for all of the hashbrowns remains a mystery but I needed to find something to do with all those darn potatoes!!!!

The recipe I found was from The Daily Meal and was called Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole. If you click on the link above, it'll take you to the recipe.

Their version looked like this:

Delicious Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole That You Can Make At Home.

Mine turned out a bit different because (of course) I didn't have all the required ingredients on hand and had to do some substitutions. Still, it tasted pretty yummy!

Here's my version:


It tasted pretty gosh darn good but (I have to admit)...is not very good for you. It is basically a lot of melted butter, sour cream and cheese mixed with some onions, hashbrowns and a can of soup. It totally reminded me of the kind of cooking I get down South! However, since we are under Doctor's orders to feed my Mum full fat everything (no skinny lattes for her, no sirree!!!!) it worked out just fine!

Doubt I'll make it again but at least I can say that there are fewer bags of hashbrowns in my Mum's freezer!!!! (Now if I could only think of something to do with the bags that are still left......)

Happy Cooking!

Ms. Hughes


No comments:

Post a Comment