Thursday, January 2, 2014

Currently....January 2014

It is that time again...

The beginning of a new month...and a new year, this time!

I am linking up with Farley over at Oh Boy, Fourth Grade for this month's Currently.



listening...I have W network playing in the background. There aren't very many channels on the tv upstairs at my mother's house and most are playing afternoon soaps (not my thing at all!) but I like to have background noise while I work on the computer. So W channel it is!

loving...I bought a box of specialty hot chocolates and today was just the day to have one. It isn't super cold out but I wanted the coziness of a comfy sweatshirt and hot chocolate!

thinking...of school...and what I am going to teach next week. It is Back to Basics Boot Camp in my room starting Monday (that means REVIEW, REVIEW, REVIEW of each and every routine taught in first term!!! And after the review it is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE all the routines over again!)... okay, is it bad that I think about work on my vacation? Probably! But, I can't help it. I love my job!!!!

wanting...I have started running again and need new running shoes...PRONTO! My wonderful class gave me a VISA gift card for my end of term/Christmas gift. It is off to the running store for new shoes (and maybe a new top or two) for me!

needing...so, we have been living in two houses for 3 weeks now. So far, so good. No major meltdowns from me or my mother!!!! Anywho, over vacation we have been going from house to house without much of a set schedule. It works fine for my hubs to decide on the day of if he's sleeping at our house or at my Mum's. But...it sooo doesn't work for me! I like to have a schedule and knowing where I am going to sleep each night is one of the things that I need scheduled! So, next week we are going to have to figure out a set (well, semi-set, as life can be unpredictable!) schedule so that I know where to have what clothes, what food is in which fridge, etc. etc. etc.

memory and/or tradition....there are so many things about the Christmas season that I love and enjoy. But, this year, by far my favourite memory is of my good egg singing on facebook. Watching her father's face as he watched her video is pretty darn close, too. He can be pretty hard to read sometimes but there was no way to misread the tears of love in his eyes as he watched his daughter sing. It was beautiful!!!

And, there you go...my January 2014 Currently...

What are you up to...currently?!?!

Ms. Hughes 



2 comments:

  1. I was also thinking about school over vacation. We went back today and planning for a two day week after nearly two weeks off was difficult.

    Have fun shopping for those running shoes and whatever extras you find in the store too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going back and forth between houses sounds stressful! Glad you are making the most of it!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete