Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Cooking...




Week 2 of cookin' up the recipes I have saved on Pinterest.

This week it was apple and feta salad from Cooking Classy.

The recipe there was a bit different from what I ended up with but the basic idea is the same (that seems to be a theme with these recipes so far, doesn't it?) and it turned out really well.

Below is the recipe how it was on the website. They used chicken, bacon, walnuts, and dried cranberries in theirs.
Apple-Feta Salad with Chicken, Bacon and Walnuts and Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe ~ This is a highly delicious salad that is perfect for busy weeknights


 Above is my version. I used bacon, feta, apples and lettuce. No dried cranberries. No chicken. 

But have to say that it was still delish!!!! This recipe gets a high score with me. I would definitely eat it again. (I don't make bacon often but, from now on, I'll tuck away a few pieces to make up this for lunch!)

I better watch out...too many more cooking successes and I might start thinking I like the whole cooking thing. 

Nah! Would still rather read a book!

Cheers!

Ms. Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment