Thursday, October 10, 2013

Look Whooo's Learning About Owls!


Check out these cute, cute owls that the grade 1's made for our Owl study covers! 

In Science, we're currently learning about owls. Three times a week I work with the K/1 teacher and take all of the grade 1's in our community and hers.

Yep.

You heard me right. 

All of the grade 1's. That would be something like 54 kids at the same time.

I am not going to lie.

Some days it isn't pretty.

They talk. A LOT!!! 

They have a lot of energy (that is an understatement!)

They do not all stay on task (bless those little ones who get right down to work!)

A few of them have been known to roll around on the floor instead of working. 

But...

Even with all of that, they are a fun bunch to teach. 

I just keep reminding myself that being 5 & 6 years old is not easy. We expect so much from them and, face it, some days they just can't do it. 

Heck, some days I can't do what is expected of me!!!!

Like today for instance.

After having a headache for 24 hours, I decided to not do what was expected of me (that would be teaching!) and stayed home for the day.

I slept and slept and slept. And then slept some more.

I am happy to say that I am now headache-free and ready to once more do what is expected of me. Teach!!!!

I'm glad because I really like me job and spending my days with all of my little lovelies fills my heart (even when they talk constantly and roll around on the floor!)

Cheers!

Ms. Hughes



No comments:

Post a Comment