Sunday, October 13, 2013

'Twas The Night Before Thanksgiving

So, if you know anything at all about me, you will know that I am a bit of a Pinterest junkie!

I found this great lesson at Mrs. Wood's Kindergarten and did it with the class on Wednesday afternoon last week. 

I love doing lessons like this because they are so valuable in terms of observing the students' listening skills and their ability to follow simple step by step directions. Plus, they always turn out so gosh darn cute!

So, first we read this book:


Then, we imagined we were the kids in the story (who save the turkeys on the turkey farm by smuggling them out under their shirts!). 

Next, we brainstormed what we would eat instead of turkey. They had some fun ideas. My favourites were sushi and spicy noodles!

Finally, we did a teacher directed cut and paste craft to go with the story. I love  the way they turned out. So much that I didn't send them home yet. I hung them up in our Quiet Room.

Check them out! They are so cute!









And now I am off to save a turkey and eat the salmon salad my daughter and her friend have made us for Thanksgiving dinner! 

Cheers!

Ms. Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment