Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sleeping the Sickies Away

Hello Friends!

I have been in absentia from the blogosphere the last couple of days. 

I went to a wonderful workshop on Friday (more to come on that at a later date!) and then came home feeling like death warmed over (or, at least, what I think death warmed over must feel like!).

Went to bed at 8:45 Friday night and didn't get up again (other than to go to the bathroom and get drinks) until today (yep, Sunday!) a little after 10:00 a.m. 

Wowzer!!!! I slept over 36 hours!!!!

Still not feeling great but have been out of bed for over an hour and so far am not feeling the huge need to nap. So, thought I'd get in a post while I am still awake!

Not a lot of talk today. Just some photos of life in Lucky Division 13 this past week!



Made "Mummy Dogs" with the class on Wednesday. Well, in reality, Miss Vanessa made the mummy dogs. I just brought in the supplies. 

There are no words to describe how grateful I am to have Miss Vanessa working in our class this year. Beyond the fact that she is an amazing cook (these mummy dogs soooo didn't make use of her considerable talent!) but because she just makes life better. Always positive, never complaining, a beautiful quiet energy and a great heart. How could I ever want anything more?




Some photos of our Math Stations this week. One was pattern blocks (we have begun learning/reviewing what we know about 2 dimensional shapes), another was at the tub station (a roll the dice game that works on addition facts) and the last was our seat work ( a book about shapes.)


And last, but most definitely not least, a page from a student's Gratitude Journal. I had this student last year and, I have to tell you, my heart just about burst when I read what she had written! Her current teacher sent her over to me during Community Centres and I almost cried reading her wonderful words about me. 

And I love how she is so honest saying that I am optimistic most of the time! So true! I pride myself on always trying to see situations and people from a positive perspective. I succeed more often than not, I am glad to say!

This, to me, is what community is all about. Building relationships that last and are meaningful with the students! It helps me to remember why I am a teacher and what I believe in. The bottom line is always about relationships. Math, Writing, Reading, Science, Social Studies, Gym...all are important but, without relationship, are really meaningless as far as I am concerned. I could go on but, since you all know by now that this is one of my soapbox topics, I won't!

Instead, I will bid you adieu and head back to bed. Not feeling too bad still but could probably use a nap (after all, I have been out of bed now for over 2 hours!!!!!) Crossing my fingers that I am well enough to come to school tomorrow!

Ms. Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment